Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lisa+Adam: Tidal Basin Engagement Session

I met up with Adam and Lisa bright and early at the Tidal basin the other morning and it really could not have been more beautiful out. The light was perfect, temperature was tolerable (which is a big deal for DC in the summer), and there WERE NO TOURIST (an even bigger deal). It was fantastic. I can't tell you how often I'm used to waiting for rando's to get out of my frame before I can get a picture, especially at the Tidal  Basin which is usually crawling with tourists. So when they chose to meet me in the morning, I was pumped. After the Tidal basin, we headed over to Logan Circle for some shots against all the beautiful Victorian architecture DC has to offer. Adam and Lisa were also subjected to my "run for your life traffic!" shots, but they're my fave. You'll see. The whole thing was an awesome session with some awesome people and I had a great time.

Adam and Lisa, you guys were awesome! Congrats!



























9 comments:

  1. Very cute. The third image down is my favorite - really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stuff. Really like the work with the monuments. And always fun to see my hometown, which I miss a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that third photo - it's such a great moment and with lovely light. They look so sweet and in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Looks like a very light and casual shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so sweet and natural together, that really comes through in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! They are such a cute couple! I love that shot on the steps of the memorial with the Washington Monument in the background! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Porter, these are so much fun. I love the shots of them on the yellow stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I love the "nose-to-nose" shot! And the columns... gasp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That third shot is money in the bank! Great work Porter!

    ReplyDelete