Monday, May 30, 2011

Liz+Linhong: Northern Virginia Wedding

Look here ya'll, I don't know how it's possible, but each and everyone of my clients have been mind-blowingly AMAZING in every sense of the word. Whether they're gorgeous, sweet, kind, or hysterical, everyone of my clients has fallen into one of those categories. Liz and Linhong are absolutely no exception. A true test of their personalities was when I literally STEPPED ON LIZ'S BOQUET! Serious photog faux pas. The crunch of her beautiful flowers under my clumsy foot made me want to cry, but Lin and Liz were so, so good to me, maybe too nice.

I also loved these two because they let me go crazy with portraits, which was a first for me at a wedding. I LOVE engagements and individual portraits, and I've been dying to really get into them with weddings. It's so easy for time to slip away and the portrait sesh is usually the first to get cut when trying to adhere to a wedding day schedule, so when Liz and Lin let me shoot to my little hearts desire, I was ecstatic! We started at the church where they got married, St. Matthews UMC, and finished off at the beautiful restaurant Trummer's on Main in Clifton, Virginia. And for you photo nerds, this was my first wedding shooting entirely in RAW, on manual, and editing in Adobe Lightroom 3 on my new iMac...and I don't know bout you guys, but my mind is officially BLOWN. I'm never going back to jpeg, and never editing outside of Adobe ever again. Also my iMac is pretty and I like using it.

So you guys will see that this is a very portrait-heavy post, but that's only because Liz and Linhong looked so fabulous I feel like I should show them off! Anywho, thank you Lin and Liz for letting me follow you on your day! Congrats you guys!

























13 comments:

  1. These are stunning! She is such a beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Porter! Love the pictures! Thanks so much for shooting our wedding and sharing in our special day. You were wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wow. Amazing pictures. Liz and Linhong look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what sweet couple - you definitely captured their sweeter side :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking couple with images to match! Beautiful!

    W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful couple & so many beautiful moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz's dress is gorgeous! Such a classy day. Awesome job capturing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some beautiful portraits - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful couple! These are an awesome set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely wedding. Wonderful set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg the bride's skin is so CREAMY! gorgeous work, Porter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore that fifth one from the bottom. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete