Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My new boyfraannn, Charlie

Ladies and gentlemen, I have some very important, and fantastic news to share with you all. This morning, his royal highness Prince Charles visited Georgetown and I am pleased to admit that we are now DATING. Yes, the rumors are true, we are in a very serious relationship. He has decided to leave Camilla, and make me next in line to be queen of England.

Now you might be saying to yourself, Porter, that whole paragraph is wrought with inaccuracies and is clearly a lie. To which I would respond, yes...yes it is. But don't hate on me just because Charlie and I are IN LOVE.

Ok so here's the truth, over the past two weeks I have barely had a chance to breath let alone blog, and only just this morning I finished typing yet another final paper. As I was walking to my professor's office to hand in the essay (which was brilliant by the way), two girls walked up to me and offered me a free ticket to the "sold out" speaking event featuring the Prince. I knew I probably should have turned in paper sooner, but the event was about to start so I rushed to Gaston Hall and grabbed a seat. Here is a birds eye view of where I was sitting, and yes that's my lover, Charlie speaking.



I'll be honest, while he was technically a very good public speaker, it was terribly boring. While I do think food sustainability is important, I can't sit and listen to 45 minutes worth of facts, even if spewed by the Prince of Wales. As soon as he was done, I high tailed it to my professors office. As I was walking back to my house, I noticed a crowed had gathered outside Healy, where he had just spoke. I wandered over and grabbed a spot along the fence and waited with the masses for Charlie to walk out. Soon after, a very friendly police officer informed me that upon his arrival, Charlie greeted the crowd where I was now standing. YAY!

About 15 minutes later he came strolling out, and straight over to where I was standing. He reached out his hand, which I grabbed with a balmy palm, and said, "Hello". To which I mumbled, "Hi" back to him. Smooth, I know. He made his way down the row of people and I snapped a pretty horrible photo with my horrible cell phone.

8 comments:

  1. well congratulations, to the happy couple! If you could get me a date with Henry that would be great! kthanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, Prince of Whales? Don't tell HIM that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @shyann--i got chu girl
    @Xanthe--ahahahah woops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah!

    Looks like you had a fun time! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha - what a bemused expression - thanks for sharing ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go, girl! You can totally take on Camilla! ;-)

    ReplyDelete