Saturday, March 12, 2011

Georgetown Portrait Session with Lakia

I met up with Lakia yesterday for an ammmmazing portrait session on campus and around G-Town. Lakia is getting ready to open her own salon and needed some shots for all her marketing. She was such a trooper walking around with me in her heels. I knew of a few places I wanted to stop for some shots, but have the fun of shooting on location for me, is stumbling upon a fantastic scene. We eventually meandered down an alley and smaked into this amazing blue, worn down garage door. I swear I could have stayed and shot there allllll day. Thanks for putting up with me Lakia!

From a photogs standpoint, I feel like every time I go out to meet a client, I get better and better at the process. In the past six months I've totally immersed myself in the photographic community, and thanks to Flickr, I've been exposed to some of the best photographers in the world, all of whom have a heavy influence on what I do. Artists like Jasmine Star(freaking love her), Ryan Brenizer, and Stacy Reeves were all introduced to me through an amazing Flickr group called Starting A Wedding Photography Business. Even if you're not interested in wedding photography, there is a myriad of forums in this group that explain, well, anything and everything having to do with photography. Anywho, hopefully I'll continue to grow and share with you my work as I progress in this crazy game.






                              Fierce...



6 comments: