Saturday, March 19, 2011

Vigil For Japan

Since this semester started, photojournalism has taken a serious back seat to non-stop school work, portraiture and wedding gigs. I actually haven't shot a single event since last December and honestly I was starting to feel like a crack addict in withdrawals. But the other day I finally nabbed an assignment to shoot the on-campus Interfaith Vigil for Japan Disaster. It was a heartbreaking and powerful event with a gathering of students, professors, and other Georgetown associates in Healy circle. There was a Shinto prayer, and a Buddhist chant that had people tearing up. It was really beautiful to see how much the members of Georgetown University truly cared for the people of Japan. J-Net is the Japanese Club on campus and they alone raised $2,000 for Japanese aid and relief. Georgetown Cupcake raised over $7,000 in ONE DAY for Japan relief. Anyways, in getting back into to photojournalism this event was intense and really reminded me why I love it so much. The absolute raw emotion that leaps off the faces of the members of the crowd is beyond moving. I'm off to meet with some potential clients (wish me luck!), but here's a couple shots from that day.

UPDATE: ran into Joe Liberman outside my house! lol


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment